In order to complete your booking please read and tick the boxes below, enter your booking details and submit.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Phasels Wood Activity Centre is referred to in this document as ‘Phasels Wood’. A ‘Booking’ refers to a request by a group or individual to hire the campsite, accommodation or activity facilities at Phasels Wood. A booking may also include activities undertaken with our partner suppliers whilst at Phasels Wood. The ‘Group Leader’ refers to the individual with whom Phasels Wood deals with in relation to a booking. Phasels Wood will regard the Group Leader as having final responsibility for all matters relating to a booking, including payment of fees. ‘The Activity Centre Manager’ refers to the Activity Centre Manager of Phasels Wood and/or the Assistant Manager or any person working on or behalf of Phasels Wood Activity Centre.
2. A booking for a camp at Phasels Wood can be reserved for 14 days by phone or e-mail. A booking for accommodation, day visit and/or an activity at Phasels Wood can be reserved for 14 days only. The booking form and deposit must be received within this period for the booking to be confirmed. A receipt confirming the booking will be sent to the Group Leader. If a booking form and deposit is not received within the relevant time period your booking will be regarded as cancelled.
3. All prices exclude VAT at the current rate. Where applicable, VAT at the current rate will be added to fees.
4. The deposit specified in the price list must accompany all bookings. The deposit is not refundable.
5. The final payment for a booking must be made 14 days before the booking commences, unless arrangements for delayed payment have been made in advance between the Activity Centre Manager and the Group Leader. In such cases, the final payment for a booking must be made by the date agreed. At the discretion of the Activity Centre Manager, Scout and Guide accounts may be settled on the day of departure.
6. Late payments will incur a charge of £10.00 plus interest at the rate of 10% per week or part thereof.
7. Payments may be made by cash, cheque issued by your group or organisation, by credit or debit cards or by electronic funds transfer. All cheques should be made payable to ‘Phasels Wood Activity Centre’ and crossed ‘Account Payee only’. Credit and debit cards are subject to a minimum spend of £5. Receipts will be issued for all payments in respect of bookings. Any cheques returned not cleared by our bankers will be subject to a £25.00 charge.
8. Failure to comply with our payment terms may result in your booking being cancelled and you being liable for the total cost. Any additions to numbers or activities 28 days or less before or on the day of the booking will be added to the total and a final invoice will be issued to you before the end of your booking. This is payable before departure.
9. Cancellations must be made in writing to Phasels Wood. The acknowledgement sent by Phasels Wood will state the effective date of the cancellation. In the event of a cancellation the following charges will apply:
More than 60 days before commencement date – Loss of deposit
60 – 29 days before commencement date – 50% of total cost
28 – 1 days before commencement date – 100% total cost
On or after the commencement date – 100% total cost
10. The percentages listed above refer to the total cost of the booking. However, the deposit will be forfeited in full even if it should be more than the subsequent total due. Note: Insurance to cover cancellation should be arranged.
11. Phasels Wood reserves the right to cancel, alter, or delay any camp, course, accommodation or activity where forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control, such as serious illness, severe weather or any other circumstances which would subject Phasels Wood or any of its employees or any of its participants to danger.
12. Phasels Wood reserves the right to send away from a camp or activity, any person who in their judgement is found to be unmanageable or a danger to the safety or enjoyment of others. In this event no refund will be given. Any additional costs and responsibility involved in removing the participant will be borne by the group.
13. Participants must be physically fit to take part in camps and activities at Phasels Wood and free from any illness or conditions that may render the camp or activity hazardous. Participants in water-based activities must be able to swim 50 metres fully clothed as specified by Scout Association rules. It is the responsibility of the Group Leader to ensure that only those who comply with this rule participate in water activities. Other activities may require the wearing of safety equipment such as helmets or buoyancy aids. Where such equipment is specified by Phasels Wood, participants must wear it at all times during the activity. Certain activities are only suitable for specific age groups and these age restrictions must be adhered to. Phasels Wood accepts no responsibility when groups fail to adhere to these rules.
14. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the ‘Roles and Responsibilities’’ documents for groups at the centre. Some activities are potentially dangerous if not skilfully managed. Safety must therefore be paramount and all participants must accept that the decision of the activity instructor is final and must at all times be accepted by the participants. Phasels Wood will accept no liability for problems arising from failure to accept and/or respond to the authority and instructions of the instructor.
15. Any and all photographs, videos, or other recorded media may be used by Phasels Wood for marketing or advertising purposes without any payment or compensation being offered and without any request being made to the featured parties.
16. No Liability is accepted for:
Loss of or damage to any personal property belonging to or travelling with the members of any group. For example; watches, jewellery, cameras or clothing.
Losses or additional expenses due to delays or changes in travel services, sickness, weather, strikes, riots, war, quarantine or any other cause.
Personal injury or death of any participants however caused unless by proven negligence of the company.
17. In the event of any damages caused by participants to property or equipment in use by Phasels Wood, except by fair wear and tear, the group will be charged the full replacement cost. Any damages must be reported to a member of Phasels Wood staff immediately.
18. It is the responsibility of the Group Leader to ensure that all areas (including buildings and campsites) used by their group are left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of a booking.
19. All information given in any literature produced by or on behalf of Phasels Wood is correct at the time of going to press. It is given in good faith and is intended as a guide to accommodation, camping and activity facilities available and may be altered without notice to suit differing seasonal or other conditions.
20. If you have any complaint during your booking, please notify Reception. We will do our utmost to find a speedy and satisfactory solution. In the event that you are not satisfied with the solution please complain in writing to The Activity Centre Manager within 14 days of the end of your booking.
21. For the comfort, health and safety of all concerned, smoking is forbidden during any of the activities. Smoking will only be permitted in smoking areas at relevant times in the programme. Smoking will only be permitted by persons over 18 years of age.
22. NO alcohol may be consumed during any activities. Alcohol may be consumed during leisure time as stated in the programme by persons over the age of 18 only. Under NO circumstances will anyone under the influence of alcohol be permitted to participate in any activity organised by Phasels Wood.
23. Phasels Wood Activity Centre is covered by all necessary insurances.
24. It is the responsibility of all leaders to ensure that everyone over the age of 18, staying overnight at Phasels Wood has a current clear DBS check.
The General Roles and Responsibilities of Leaders/Assistants:
1. Group leaders and accompanying adults are responsible for the overall care and well-being of the young people.
2. Whilst our instructors are responsible for the safe delivery of the activity session, the Group leader & accompanying adults are still ultimately responsible for the student’s welfare and behaviour.
Please encourage young people to be considerate and polite and to keep Phasels Wood tidy, to be punctual and to support and encourage each other.
3. Group leaders and accompanying adults are asked to accompany each group during an activity.
4. Group leaders and accompanying adults are to ensure that young people are behaving in an appropriate way, so that the activity can be both fun and safe for all involved. If a young person’s behaviour is continually preventing an activity from running well, the Group leader/accompanying adult should take time to talk to the young person so that others are not disrupted.
5. For all activities, Group leaders and accompanying adults are required to supervise the non-active participants, allowing the instructor to focus on one-to-one coaching.
During activities, please ensure the young people have the correct clothing and footwear and that they bring their asthma pumps or other relevant medication to each activity. Young people should be encouraged to attempt all activities.
6. Group leaders and accompanying adults have full responsibility for their groups during non-activity times; such as mealtimes, free-time and at bedtime.
At mealtimes ask the young people to line up quietly, remember their manners when being served their meal, clear their plates, cups and utensils from the table and return them to the Clearing Station.
During free time, the young people must stay away from activity areas.
Please ask the young people to respect the fact that other groups are onsite and therefore noise levels should be kept to a minimum from 22:00.
Eating and drinking is not allowed in the bedrooms or tents.-+
7. To ensure that issues are efficiently resolved, we request that matters of a serious nature be communicated by Group Leaders to the Centre Management Team.
8. Group leaders and accompanying adults are welcome to participate in the various activities, providing they have been present for the safety talk. This is a great opportunity for Group leaders and accompanying adults to enjoy the challenge of trying something new and for young people to see their Group leaders and accompanying adults in a completely new light!
The General Roles and Responsibilities of Phasels Wood Instructors:
1. Phasels Wood instructors shall follow the Phasels Wood Activity Standards and Procedures to ensure that each activity is run safely.
2. Their main focus is to ensure that all members of the group can participate in each activity safely.
3. Phasels Wood instructors will work with leaders to re-enforce positive behaviour.
4. If the Phasels Wood instructor deems that safety could be compromised, they reserve the right to exclude individual young people and/or curtail the activity.
5. Whilst Phasels Wood instructors will offer support wherever possible, the pastoral well-being of visitors at all times is the primary responsibility of leaders/assistants and ultimately the Group Leader.
Group Leader Declaration:
I enclose the outstanding deposit to confirm my current booking and understand it is non-refundable. I also understand additional deposits may be required should I amend my booking.
I confirm that we have a current Child Protection Policy and that all adults attending with the group (over 18 years old) are deemed suitable for working with young people, and will abide by the Scout Association Child Protection Code. Those staying overnight have a valid DBS check (proof of this may be required)
I am aware that schools/youth groups are responsible for their own insurance.
I understand that although the facilities are available on site, my group will be responsible for its own first aid provision.
I understand that final numbers and programme must be confirmed 28 days before our visit, with the final balance due before departure.